Requisition Number: 112986
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Position: GIS Coordinator
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
● Accountable for assisting with Revenue Management tracking and sign-off
● First line of defense for handling any revenue issues
● Accountable for strong GIS client communication
● Assisting GIS Manager with further development of the GIS Team
● Coordination with field operations and logistics
● Handling data synchronization issues and coordinating with other departments if data importation is necessary
● Assisting in resource projections, such as hours and staff assignments
● Development and implementation of Cost Center project health / status reports
● Cultivate a positive customer service-centric culture to better serve our clients
● Serve as an additional point of contact for interdepartmental communications to assist the GIS Manager with external requests
● Accountable for the further implementation and evolving the framework of projects
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in GIS, geography, planning, civil engineering, computer science, or a related field.
● Preferred three years of experience in the design, development implementation and administration of a GIS in the ESRI product line
● Experience using Google Earth
● Management experience leading a small team
● Experience in database administration, relational database design and implementation
● Geodatabase development (SQL server and Oracle)
● Advance knowledge and understanding of cartographic principles, spatial data models, statistics, GIS, GPS, and relational database functionality
● Desire to teach and develop employees and coworkers building strong cohesive teams
● Asset Management knowledge for Electric & Telecommunication Distribution Networks preferred
Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health,dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement available. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.