- Plan and supervise field work in the restoration of impaired edge habitat.
- Delegate work and responsibilities to team leaders, while working on site with your team.
- Provide leadership, training, and be an outstanding example for workers.
- Provide and reinforce a positive, enjoyable working environment for everyone on the team.
- Communicate and develop relationships with clients.
- Maintain chipper, equipment, tools, etc.
- Transport tools for the team from shop to work site.
- Forestry knowledge – thorough knowledge of forest ecology.
- Leadership experience – some experience leading a team.
- Interpersonal relationships – proficient at providing clear communications with clients and staff.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in an area of Forestry.
- 5 years of field experience in forest stewardship.
- Management experience preferred
- Dependable transportation
- Live in or near Ulster County, NY.
- Enjoy hard, dirty work.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude and management style.
- Passion for natural environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience. $30k-$60k
- Yearly bonus.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter along with three references to: John@hvnative.com
30,000-60,000 depending on experience