RRS is seeking applications for a Communications Specialist to work with an established clientele as well as provide assistance in developing new projects focusing on developing, managing and executing communications and outreach campaigns; overseeing design and implementation; and providing messaging and branding approaches to a wide variety of client types and projects.
- Collaborate with clients and team members to develop successful communication strategies.
- Develop content/media materials, fact sheets, Q&As, branded content, blog posts, op-eds, scripts, toolkits and other tactics required to support media/influencer outreach and client objectives.
- Ability to draft and implement various communications tactics including promotional, print, digital content, and survey design.
- Work with RRS Communication Strategy Team to develop detailed brand strategies and campaigns to ensure that promotions are in line with the client‘s brand.
- Supervise and estimate success of strategic communications campaigns and report to clients.
- Prepare presentations and content for print and electronic media.
- Conduct live/virtual events including planning, organization, and execution.
- Generate new techniques to make communications more effective.
- Follow industry trends in assessing impact of communication plans.
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of professionalism in communicating with external clients;
- Ability to perform work virtually and must have access to stable wi-fi/internet;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Ability to easily manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, social media platforms, and experience with tools and programs to facilitate deployment of communications campaigns and strategies such as media monitoring platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, recycling, solid waste, or related field a huge plus.
- This position requires a four-year college degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field, and between at least two to five year’s working experience in strategic communications.
- Experience in an environmentally-related field is a plus as well as certification in public relations and community based social marketing.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $78,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes Bowden at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes Bowden, Team Resource Director
416 Longshore Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105