Financial & Compliance Analyst
Summary: Responsible for assisting Managers and Supervisors with financial analysis, contract management, policy reviews and compliance tasks in the Information Technology (IT) Department. Recommends process improvement, spending adjustments, and contract reviews. Possesses and develops knowledge of business processes, in order to identify when changes should be initiated. Acts as a liaison with Internal Audit to ensure all IT General Controls are functioning at peak efficiency.
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Includes some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparing annual financial plans and forecasts.
- Prepare reports for variances in the outcomes of financial activities on a monthly basis.
- Perform detailed analysis of IT spending.
- Makes recommendations for spending adjustments.
- Monitors all 3rd Party Contracts for proactive actions.
- Prepares policies for management review and maintains files and postings for all policies.
- Monitors all IT Policies and coordinates reviews and updates in accordance with scheduled intervals.
- Coordinates all IT Compliance with regulatory and 3rd party partners.
- Prepares and performs quarterly testing of IT General Controls in coordination with Internal Audit.
- Prepares spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence for managers and supervisors when needed.
- Updates IT Department intranet portal.
- Coordinates, schedules, facilitates meetings, and prepares agendas.
- Organizes and maintains databases, file systems, manual files, and other records.
- Responsible for projects as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Self-organize to accommodate correct intervals to match the department’s schedule
- Prioritize tasks for efficiency and timely completion
- Experience in budget processes, budget development
- Audit Controls
- Understand IT General Controls around access rights and program changes
- Document evidence to support controls
- Financial Analysis
- Continuously monitor and report on financial performance
- Analyze all aspects of IT spend
- Make recommendations for spend adjustments
- Contract Management
- Understand basic contract language in order to organize and prepare reviews
- Prepare contract reviews prior to expiration
- Policy Management
- Organize all IT Policies
- Prepare IT Policies for review at regular intervals
- Building Relationships
- Developing formal and informal professional networks
- Obtaining and sharing information, ideas, and problems
- Interpersonal Skills, including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations, while demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Change Advocate
- Identifying and acting on opportunities for continuous improvement
- Encouragement of prudent spending, exploration of alternative approaches
- Demonstration of personal commitment to change through actions and words
- Setting and accomplishing challenging goals
- Written Communication
- Write clearly and accurately
- Accurately read and interpret written information
- Follows applicable laws and regulations
- Uphold organizational ethics and policies
- Observe and follow safety and security procedures
- Determine and apply appropriate action using guidelines and training
- Report and correct unsafe and potentially unsafe conditions
- Use and maintain equipment and materials properly
Education and Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The above-listed competencies are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The following are also required:
- Postsecondary education in business, finance, audit or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Driver’s license
The ability to travel outside of the U.S. is highly desired.
- Three or more years of experience in financial budgeting, reporting or audit (required)
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse teams (required)
Language Ability: Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Draft correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to all levels of the organization. Fluent in Spanish is beneficial.
Math Ability: Perform basic arithmetic computations
Reasoning Ability: Apply understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Identify and resolve problems involving multiple variables in varied situations
Computer Skills: Computer skills required commensurate with project requirements
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the following:
- Noise level and environmental changes in the work environment
- Distractions and interruptions
- Being required to adjust quickly and efficiently from task to task with little or no notice
Demands: The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel and move around to and from work sites
- Write, type, file, organize and perform project requirements
- Observe and respond to visual messages and items
- Observe and respond to instructions, messages and other oral communication
- Communicate clearly in a professional and understandable manner
- Bend, reach, hold, grasp, sort and organize
- Perform in the presence of distractions or work frustrations
- Regular and timely attendance
Accommodations: If requested by employee or otherwise as required by law, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Requisition Number: 109268
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR - Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%