Requisition Number: 108986
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Utility Vegetation Management, as a Utility Vegetation Management Technician
Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
DUTIES: Inspect distribution utility right-of-ways and access to Right-of-Way (ROW) areas, for compliance with state clearance standards. Identify needed tree and brush control work and provide info to line-clearance crews. Document work using hand-held computer. Notify property owners of pending work on their property. Audit work completed by contractors. Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues. Special projects as assigned. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and storms as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
• Professional or Collegiate Practical Tree Work Experience (including Collegiate Climbing Classes, Forestry Club Operations, Production Climber, Groundsman, or Lift Operator, etc)
• Proficiency with local Tree Identification and Tree Physiology.
• ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain in 6-12 months.
• Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License.
• Current Driver’s License and Driving Record in good standing.
• Proficient working knowledge of computers. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.