Utility Trimmer / Bucket Operator
Davey Tree is currently looking to add a dynamic trimmer / bucket operator to join our passionate team of utility line clearance professionals. As a trimmer, your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You Will Do:
- Trim trees!
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers. Including but not limited to:
- Trimming treetops and repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal
- Removing broken limbs from utility lines, roofs, and other objects
- Application of tree identification knowledge and industry pruning guidelines
- Operate mobile equipment during tree removal on utility right of way.
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Utility trimmer/bucket operator operates as an active crew member with supporting ground crew and foreman.
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We Are Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Line clearance experience, other tree trimming experience, or related work
- Preferred: General knowledge of different mobile equipment used for tree removal
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job-specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group health plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout the US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career development program supported by industry expert Safety Specialists and Skills Trainers
- A charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee-Owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Requisition Number: 109006