Requisition Number: 108346
Company Name: WSSI
Service Line: 1WSS - WSSI
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc. is looking for a mid-level Compliance and Regulatory Specialist to join our team in Richmond, Virginia. This position will serve as a liaison between regulatory agencies and energy clients for permit procurement as well as project design and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
• Coordinate any necessary permit procurement from a wide variety of regulatory agencies including but not limited to the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (COE), and Virginia Marine Resource Commission (VMRC).
• Provide comprehensive and efficient turnkey environmental permitting and compliance solutions to clients.
• Manage project operations of multiple team members to ensure project delivery.
• Prepare and conduct informational presentations and public meetings on projects in support of clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, science, policy, or a related field
• Experience with energy sector clients
• Experience working with DEQ and COE
• Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations pertaining to sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act as well as the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act
• Superior oral and written communications skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines under limited supervision
• Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS)
• DEQ Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) and Stormwater Management (SWM) certifications including Inspector and Plan Reviewer
• Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC)
• Certified Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI)
• Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC)
• Land Development experience
• National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit experience
• Understanding of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulation and policy
• Understanding of Virginia State Corporation Commission fillings including the DEQ Supplement
• Understanding of Environmental Justice (EJ)
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services and is based in Gainesville, Va. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.