Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II will provide expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations. We seek a professional who will help develop, implement and maintain processes and programs that comply with federal, state and local regulations and requirements. In this role, you will lead in a low complexity facility or support a higher complexity facility. You will monitor and handle up to three highly hazardous processes; low-to-high serious injuries and fatalities, potential serious environmental events or sites with low-to-high maturity.
- Implement and handle processes and systems for environmental health and safety hazard identification and risk management.
- Create effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Implement and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned.
- Prepare for audits, governmental inspections, customer visits, identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Support appropriate training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site-specific needs.
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Ability to work independently and plan effectively.
- Ability and willingness to work on Ag farms or outdoor environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Willing and able to work on Ag farms or outdoor environment
- Previous environmental experience
- Experience with email, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups in a large organization
- Knowledge of international instruments aimed at reducing injuries (near miss, observation, risk assessment)
- Experience in organizing safety management system for specialists of contracting organizations
- Experience with environmental health and safety management systems.
- Previous experience working with Contractors
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com