Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position in Cargill's animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Signature Sustainability Program Lead will lead the development and execution of strategic sustainability initiatives with businesses, customers, and other external stakeholders that drive progress in key environmental and social impact areas and deliver value to our customers and commercial teams. In this role, you will build partnerships with customers and suppliers across value chains, engage external organizations to advance sustainability frameworks and engage, educate, and influence internal and external stakeholders to execute on our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
• Form sustainability strategy and tactics for the assigned program, group, business and/or major supply chains.
• Contribute to developing supply chain policy, strategies and action plans in an integrated operating company approach.
• Interact with customers directly and indirectly to ascertain their sustainability-related needs and work with commercial teams in developing and delivering solutions to those needs to ultimately drive business growth.
• Communicate sustainability strategies to suppliers, including farmers, with the purpose of extending our supply chain practices through our suppliers.
• Identify and work with external partners like non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, universities and government offices for program design, implementation, securing additional funding and project work.
• Develop, maintain and apply industry-leading expertise in sustainability as it applies to the relevant supply chains, sustainability priorities and geographies.
• Represent the company in external senior level stakeholder forums and media in matters related to sustainability.
• Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of six years of related work experience
• Experience in identifying customer needs and developing solutions
• Technical knowledge in environmental, economic and social benefits of sustainable development
• Experience working on sustainability topics within livestock or animal protein-related industries
• Advanced degree focused on Animal Nutrition, Sustainability, Biology or related field
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com