The Regional Safety Coordinator guides and monitors territory activities pertaining to employee development and skills training. The Regional Safety Coordinator analyzes and assists with employee development and measures performance against company safety, quality and productivity standards. Provides support aligned with Davey employee recruitment and retention goals.
The position reports to the area Operations Manager, communicates and coordinates closely with the Regional Safety team and other Skills Trainers.
• Assist field management with implementation of new and existing training programs to meet company requirements and government regulations.
• Work “hands-on” with field employees to demonstrate and train in job skills.
• Lead education/training sessions.
• Visit field crews for job observation and/or skills verification.
• Communicate training program needs to management.
• Prepare/provide evaluations to Operations management to communicate training topics covered, employees’ retention of training and proposed next steps. Communicates with Regional Safety team on training progression.
• Consult with Regional Safety and Motor Carrier Specialists, Recruiter/Trainers, to remain current on Davey Policy or Regulatory changes and implementation.
• Three (3) years leadership responsibility, two (2) with Davey in a supervisory or crewleader capacity with proven safety performance.
• Qualified arborist experience / utility line clearance arborist experience.
• Qualified with current abilities in Arborist Skills Mentorship and arborist equipment.
• Working knowledge and proven ability in tree care / utility line clearance best practices.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Davey Personal Excellence Coach/Mentor, Davey Safety Leadership Seminar, OSHA 10/30 hour courses. Ability to attain CTSP within 18 months of appointment.
• Current DDC, First Aid/CPR Certified Trainer designation.
• Ability to routinely travel locally and away from home.
• Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred but not necessary.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Company Name: The Davey Tree Surgery Company
Service Line: 2UTL - Surgery Utility
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%