Requisition Number: 106526
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Position: Business Analyst
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. DRG specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies nationwide. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that thrive in this type of environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
Position Summary: The Business Analyst’s main focus is on project unit-based work on projects ranging from 3 months to indefinite. The fast-paced and ever-changing work dynamic will provide opportunities for cost management improvement, as well as improving the tools that manage the forecasting of this work. The key objective of this position is to improve profitability by streamlining the tools that are currently being used to manage the financial projections of assigned projects for all stakeholders. The business analyst is the link between the end-user, project management, design engineers, and business developers. The main focus is to analyze, evaluate, and refine processes around the construction of utility distribution.
● Operational cost tracking and analysis to help make better project budget decisions.
● Understanding and ability to accurately project operational costs
● Maintenance of project tracking for accurate units, work-in-process, etc.
● Resolution of accounts payable and associated vendor communications
● Accurate invoicing of clients within consistent time frames and maintaining associated QA/QC/Backup documentation
● Resolution of accounts receivable and associated client communications
● Help drive changes in our process to facilitate better data outputs
● Track work performed in the problem management system, prepare progress reports, administer and maintain corporate workstation assets
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the project computer systems
● Manage multiple resources, task breakdowns, and delegation to set milestones
● Collecting and formatting current data to be used in the system, and driving future data output changes (with management support).
● Support the implementation of project efficiency tracking and office/project revenue generated
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, related field or equivalent experience
● Exceptional planning, organizational, and time management skills
● Advanced technical skills to build subject matter and tools expertise with the ability to drive consistency in processes
● Fundamental analytics and conceptual thinking skills
● Experienced or able to show immediate competency with SAP, QlikView, and UIPlanner
● Competency in Google and Microsoft applications
● A track record of following through on commitments
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Proven relationship management, facilitation, project management, and problem-solving skills
Additional Information: Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement available. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.