LOCATION: NEW YORK OR SAN FRANCISCO
Managers work collaboratively across BSR’s industry and practice teams on a range of consulting, grant-funded projects, and collaborative initiatives. Managers ensure exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assume responsibility for implementing consulting and grant-funded projects, which includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Member and Client Management: Maintain day-to-day client relationships; oversee member relationships; and support member recruitment and business development.
- Team management: Lead project teams to effectively execute project objectives, outcomes, and impacts; establish the standards by which the project will be guided, including managing senior team members; and support team members’ learning and skills development.
This position will focus on supporting BSR’s engagements relating to climate change and the financial services industry, and their intersection.
- Climate Change: BSR works with our member companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build resilience to unavoidable climate impacts, advancing the goals of the Paris Agreement. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work.
- Infrastructure: BSR works with approximately forty member companies in the infrastructure industries, including transportation and logistics, electric utilities, renewable energy, manufacturing, construction, and industrials. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s infrastructure teams to enhance the sustainability of those companies.
- Master’s degree in business, sustainability, or CSR and 7 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO, or similar role in a company or equivalent education and experience.
- Significant experience working in the energy and/or transportation and logistics industries is required, including detailed knowledge of relevant industry sustainability issues and initiatives.
- Strong technical understanding of one or more modes within the end-to-end logistics and transport ecosystem, such as aviation, shipping, or trucking. Experience working in the global trade and transport industry is a plus.
- Experience working in business-to-business and stakeholder collaborations, such a corporate partnerships, joint initiatives, and/or member organizations.
- Significant experience working on climate change is required. This may include conducting climate risk analysis, setting climate-related goals, advancing climate resilience or carbon reduction efforts, working on scope 3 emissions, etc. In-depth understanding of major climate change frameworks, standards, regulations, collaborations, and corporate actions, is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.