Requisition Number: 105627
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR - Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Davey is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position Instructional Designer. This strategic position is based within the Davey Institute, which is responsible for research and development, environmental programs, technical support, and education and training for all North American operations. The position of Instructional Designer is responsible for:
- Work with stakeholders to identify organizational learning needs.
- Design and build learning content that reflects an understanding of the diversity of adult learners.
- Evaluate existing and external instructional materials.
- Develop assessments and measurements to evaluate educational impact and effectiveness.
- Systematically apply instructional design theory in the creation of online content.
- Manage design projects to ensure a consistent training experience for all learners.
- Work as part of a team to manage online programs, including some learning management system (LMS) administration as needed.
- Conduct instructional technology training and mentor staff in effective instructional design practice.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree, or advanced degree, in instructional design, adult education, educational technology, distance learning, or related field.
- Experience designing online instructional content for adults or non-traditional learners.
- Experience designing, developing, and building learning solutions in a variety of formats such as game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements.
- Knowledge and application of Instructional Design models/theories.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to establish organizational needs and learning objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working on multiple projects and assignments to deadline.
- Skilled in the creation and maintenance of systematic design processes and documentation.
- Experience with industry standard educational applications/program(s)comparable to or including the following: presentation tools, audio/video recording and editing; basic HTML and web programming; basic graphic/photo editing; Microsoft Office Suite; game and simulation software.
- Experience working with at least one Learning Management System.
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
The Davey Institute is located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in Kent, Ohio. The successful candidate may work remotely, but a regular presence in Kent is required. This position reports to the Manager of Online Education.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.