The Environmental Manager will implement, oversee, and maintain consistent environmental practices and standards across all regions.
- Provides technical guidance in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land, and water.
- Performs a variety of studies and analysis of environmental conditions.
- Provides overall planning and installation of equipment revision relating to environment.
- Recommends appropriate action to assure conformance with federal, state, and municipal legislation and regulations regarding environmental control.
- Serves as liaison between company/plant and regulatory agencies concerned with environmental control. Responsible for communication and negotiation with the regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the analysis and evaluation of air, water, and land systems to determine if pollutants are present and directs the implementation of appropriate corrective action (if necessary) and programs to abate, control, or eliminate environmental pollutants.
- Develops and plans policies and procedures related to air, water, and land systems in accordance with organization and government rules and regulations, as well as the health and safety of the workforce.
- Evaluates operations and makes recommendations to reduce waste or pollution.
- Assist in the development and consistent implementation of an Environmental Management System across region.
- Forecast likely changes to environmental regulations and recommending strategies to avoid or adapt.
- Develop systems to measure and assess environmental improvement/progress via internal and external audits and assessments.
- Identify significant business based environmental risks and assist in developing actions to reduce, minimize or eliminate such risks.
- Act as internal consultant to the regions as to environmental matters including support on enforcement matters and in obtaining environment permit authorizations.
- Assess each region to assure they have sufficient internal resources and structure and personnel to effectively comply with internal and external environmental requirements.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to field environmental managers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience in an Environmental role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Substantive knowledge of regulatory processes
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior business and community officials
- Ability to travel up to 25% as business requires
- Ability to lift up 10-15lbs frequently, 25-50lbs occasionally, walk, climb stairs & ladders, sit, stand, crouch, and stoop. Ability to use computers, read, write and communicate clearly. Ability to comply with all MSHA & CEMEX safety regulations and able to utilize all required PPE as needed.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com