Boston, MA, or Minneapolis, MN,
Edison Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX), provides independent, global advisory solutions to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better understand and navigate the choices and risks of managing energy. Through a portfolio approach, Edison Energy enables decision-makers in organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial and sustainability goals.
Providing a suite of specialized services across sustainability, analytics, renewables, supply, and demand, Edison Energy addresses the three biggest challenges in energy today: cost, carbon, and complex choices.
As a member of Strategy & Sustainability team, this role is responsible for building-out Edison Energy’s Strategy & Sustainability practice, with a focus on helping clients define and execute decarbonization strategies. Key to this role will be defining Edison Energy’s offering and working on ensuring there is a robust client pipeline. This role will also be responsible for networking throughout Edison Energy, engaging different service lines, to ascertain how the Strategy & Sustainability team can support and cross-sell ongoing client engagements.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Strategy & Sustainability and will work across the sales, marketing, advisory, and technology functions of Edison Energy.
- Lead the planning, designing, and implementation of client sustainability programs to define and achieve emission reduction objectives, including setting and validating official Science Based Targets (SBTI)
- Communicate decarbonization strategy within client organizations, engaging leadership (including the C-suite and operational management) in defining the case for change
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis related to decarbonization and renewable energy strategy, including financial modeling/analysis around carbon impact, carbon pricing, price forecasting, and project cash flows
- Work with Edison Energy’s Energy Optimization, Supply, and Renewables & Analytics Advisory teams to inform strategy development and educate internal teams on GHG accounting
- Develop Edison Energy’s REC management and carbon offset capabilities,
Support clients with incorporating granular Scope 2 emissions factors into GHG inventory to improve accuracy and gain additional business insights
Scope 2 market-based accounting support
Maintain relationships with REC and carbon offset providers, registries, and retailers
- Develop strategies to address Scope 3 emissions for Edison Energy’s clients
- Author whitepapers and other collateral to establish Edison Energy’s thought leadership on sustainability, decarbonization, goal setting, and implementation.
- Develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in revenue growth with target clients aligned with Edison’s global strategy
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of Edison’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for Edison services
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service
Energy Markets & Policy
- Utilize knowledge of the GHG Protocol to work within the policy, ratings agency, and NGO community to ensure that carbon reduction strategies “count” with emerging SBTI and other voluntary goal frameworks, including the use of carbon offsets, REC applications for Scope 3 inventories, and renewable electricity goal accounting
- Support clients with the evaluation of green tariffs and utility rate analysis, including filing comments or intervening in coordination with clients on DER rate tariffs or other regulatory matters
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree with focus in Sustainability, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Statistics, or Economics desired. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is a plus.
- A background and understanding of environmental reporting protocols, like the GHG Protocol, Scope 3 Standard, and Science-Based Target Initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and gain executive support for enterprise-level environmental programs
- Results-oriented project management and organizational skills with a bias for action while managing multiple competing priorities
- Consulting experience in PMO, transformation or related work
- Integrates broad energy and sustainability knowledge base beyond own function (Edison Energy strategy, objectives, structures, processes and other functions)
- Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making as an individual and part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels through establishing positive, mutually respectful and productive working relationships
- Strong facilitation, network building and influencing abilities
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build Edison’s global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams
- Brokering pragmatic solutions that balance competing priorities and requirements
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and enhance the business and in keeping with Edison’s values and culture.
- Regular professional, office business setting
Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Education tuition reimbursement program (from an accredited institution for college-level and/or advance degree)
- Recognition of Hard Work and Exemplary Performance
- Short Term Incentive (STI) Bonus Based on Performance Goals
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com