The Global Sustainability Director is responsible for helping lead the development and execution of a company-wide strategic sustainability mission, and for integrating sustainability throughout the company. The Director will measure and analyze company sustainability progress, will work with diverse regional businesses to monitor progress, and assess potential sustainability initiatives. Their work will support various third-party certifications and provide internal and external metrics for reporting. Ensure that the company’s sustainability effort enhances business performance and supports the long-term interests of the company by creating and implementing programs and strategies to help us achieve our mission, being an ambassador and managing key initiatives. Also managing interactions with diverse stakeholders outside of our global business.
- Advise on and help create a sustainability approach and plan for the company, including specific initiatives.
- Secure and leverage senior-level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making.
- Assist in the formulation of the company’s long-term sustainability mission, framework, roadmap, and metrics to measure success.
- Key focus on company metrics and reporting requirements
- Lead and support marketing or communication efforts to validate company sustainability metrics or claims
- Help identify and validate internal metrics needed to support Interface’s external sustainability reporting.
- Collaborate with the company’s internal groups (for example plant management, engineering, EHS, marketing) to develop sustainability plans and implements sustainability projects.
- Design and lead global sustainability projects on key areas of focus.
- Build sustainability principles into the business.
- Serve as an internal resource for the regional businesses and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
- Serve as a central point of contact for any and all interfaces with stakeholders on the subject of Sustainability performance. This includes being the lead interface with customers relative to their inquiries, their requests for information on company efforts in support of Sustainability, and any and all written and verbal communications to customers on the subject of Sustainability. As necessary, collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications.
- Represent the company with external stakeholders relating to the company's responses or positions on sustainability or sustainable business topics,
- Identify and prioritize areas for NEW sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for proactively addressing relevant sustainability issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineer, Sustainability, or related disciplines is desired.
Skills and Experience:
It is preferred that the successful candidate has 7+ years of experience in the various areas:
- Leading sustainability initiatives within a business environment
- Measuring sustainability performance within a global business
- Managing internal sustainability reporting and experience reporting to external sustainability partnerships like Re100, UN Global Compact, GRI CDP or others
- Knowledge and experience in procuring and managing carbon offsets
- Experience working within a company carbon neutral programs
- Experience interacting with outside suppliers and stakeholders on sustainability issues
- Proven experience building, managing, and influencing a community of key stakeholders in the sustainability and business community
- Strong ability to manage strategic global projects and initiatives from ideation through implementation and operationalization
- Ability to lead and manage others not in your direct influence
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional relationship building and networking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to champion corporate level planning and implementation of quality initiatives
- Understanding of cultural and language nuances and how to engage each in a global community
- Office environment
- Domestic and International travel as required.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We desire priority referrals of Protected Veterans for job openings at all locations within the State of Georgia. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com