Reporting to the Executive Vice President Sales & Services, the Senior Vice President of National Business Line Safety-Kleen Environmental Services for the Clean Harbors Environmental Services organization will be responsible for executing profitable revenue and margin growth of the Container Waste Services, Parts Washer Services, Vacuum Services, and Allied Products lines of business. The SVP will be responsible for the overall strategy and profitable growth of the business, in terms of growing market share, share of wallet, sales profitability, and operational excellence.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner
- Creates strategic initiatives and development plans for all lines of business under their business unit. This person works to understand business objectives and develop the appropriate strategies to achieve aggressive growth business goals across Clean Harbors.
- Analyze business units’ market intelligence information and providing key data, research and analysis for macro economy, market and industry trends and competitor changes.
- Research the market trends to identify the customer demand for the proposed products and services.
- Collect and evaluate customer requirements/needs (Voice of Customer) and business data (Market Research) to create a business plan
- Gain competitive intelligence and synthesize competitive insights. Understands the changing competitor strategies with regards to Pricing, Operational, Facility Assets, and Value Proposition. Effectively articulates these items to Corporate Sales & Marketing as well as the Sales & Service organization. Directly responsible for collaborating and formulating effective action plans with their peers within the company.
- Focused on both business development and operational programs that will deliver consistent and measurable growth within the various product lines within the national business.
- Responsible for Product line Managers who develop new products, programs and service offerings to complete or complement our offering to our target customers to enhance our leadership position.
- Work with Product Line Managers to develop business development strategies that aligns itself with the LOB goals including target accounts, pricing strategies and key project opportunities.
- Work with Marketing, R&D, key suppliers, field personnel and customers to discover and present business development opportunities that will extend our leadership position and drive consistent meaningful growth in earnings per share
- Responsible for defining the value proposition of each product line. Works with Corporate Sales Marketing and Sales in developing sales support material, technical presentations, etc.
- Drive the strategies for Product, Price, Placement, and Promotion for the all lines of businesses; identify areas of opportunity: new products, new markets, new partnerships, new distribution channels, and marketing communications and collateral.
- Track key metrics of revenue vs budget, average price per unit, volume expectations, etc.
- Analyze and make recommendations on new branch locations or other service offerings that will drive growth of the business.
- Drive Operational Excellence through Branch Operations and Central Routing teams
- Monitors and reports product line performance by vertical, by region and by business unit where each manager has budgeted expectations of producing revenues within each product line.
- Works with finance to mine data that will show business trends and direction are provides usable data to make recommendations to management.
- Report on consolidated P&Ls and KPIs
- Uphold and role-model corporate core values
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or related technical, industrial, or environmental degree is required
- An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Preferred experience: 10 or more years’ experience of commercial experience in marketing, business development or product management
- Proven history of success in implementation of market research, VOC and competitive analysis projects and processes is preferred.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, forecasting, market segmentation and competitive tools.
- Understanding of commercialization practices and processes
- Experience building credibility with customers, key opinion leaders and internal partners is required.
- Proactive, customer services oriented, experience working with key accounts and long-term customers
- Ability to create direction for the whole sales organization; develop formal programs ability to leverage sophisticated numerical analyses to drive decision making
- Industry and company knowledge, selling and negotiation, relationship building
- Communication, leadership and team building, operational improvements and delivery
- Strong business analysis skills combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Superior leadership and people management skills, ability to build a team and influence others in matrix organization
- Strong economic, strategic and logic thinking to build business case; strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret large amounts of information.
- High energy, works proactively and demonstrates flexibility in approach to changing work priorities.
- Hands-on, immersed into the details, roll up your sleeves, collaborative
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- 20%+ travel required
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com