Company Name: The Davey Tree Surgery Company
Service Line: 2POL - Surgery Pole
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
THE DAVEY TREE SURGERY COMPANY, has opportunities in the field of Utility - Pole Test and Treat as a Pole Technician for major electric utility operations. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries throughout the US and Canada.
This job description is general in nature, and not an exclusive list of all job duties. Employee may be assigned other duties as directed by the Supervisor or Manager. Pole Treatment Foreman / Sr. Technician must perform the following duties:
1. Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
2. Safe use, maintenance and operation of equipment (trucks, power tools, brushes, materials, etc.)
3. Complete an operation within the shortest time possible and to the satisfaction of the client.
4. Develop and motivate crewmembers to inspire productivity and pride.
5. Accurately complete required paperwork (time reports, etc.).
6. Promptly attend to customer needs and concerns.
7. Drive, operate and maintain assigned equipment in an efficient and economical manner.
8. Provide quality customer service.
9. Ensure proper work site cleanup.
10 Use protective equipment as required by the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
11.Perform all the duties as described on Pole Treatment Labor job description.
12.Coordinate activities of workers engaged in Pole Test and Treat operations applying of preservatives according to contract specifications.
13.Perform all other duties as required.
B. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate by reading relevant manuals and materials. Speaking clearly, distinctively and listening to instructions. Communication is required from moderate (80') distances while equipment is running.
2. Understand and practice preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
3. Operate in a safe manner all equipment assigned.
4. Learn to promptly attend to customer needs and concerns.
5. Ability to react in an emergency situation.
6. Maintain clean and neat appearance.
7. Learn to properly inspect poles by visually looking for holes, broken and/or hanging insulator Nvircs, hit pole with hammer at various heights and distances to test for damage; drill test bores holes and read sigometer for damage.
8. Learn to properly fumigate poles by drilling holes at various heights and filling with proper and exact amount of chemical and properly plug holes.
9. Learn to properly apply wood preserving compound, wrap treated pole and fasten.
10.Learn to excavate, when necessary, damage poles 18 to 20 inches below ground line and use equipment to remove damaged area from pole.
11.Follow all company policies, procedures and work rules.
C. EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/LICENSING REQUIREMENT:
1. High school education preferred.
2. Driver's license preferred, may be required; depending upon crew location.
3. On the job training.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey Tree offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify Social Security Number verification, and criminal background check required. The Davey Tree Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com