Requisition Number: 101286
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Registered Professional Forester
POSITION LOCATIONS: Davis, CA
Periodic travel, company vehicle. Temporary; initially 6 weeks with potential for a longer assignment. Subcontract services welcome.
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. DRG has opportunities in the field of forestry consulting in the private and public sectors.
* Create fuels and forest management plans, perform surveys, write reports, coordinate resources and manage individual projects
* Prepare CEQA documents and prepare permits
* Identify client goals and objectives and implement plans to achieve them; ensure client satisfaction
* Identify opportunity with the marketplace, build a network of clients and agency contacts to support project work
* Work with a team of professionals
* Build a culture of Safety and excellence
* Four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
* Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license required
* Proven leadership skills
* Excellent communication skills and working knowledge of computers
* Ability to travel as needed
* Ability to work independently and within a team setting
* Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for our clients and meet company goals
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.