Requisition Number: 101086
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Davey Resource Group
Position: OSP Utility Designer
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
● Collaborate with others (project managers, other engineers, clients, technicians, and administration) to learn how to devise the best infrastructure solutions.
● Execute and plan daily goals while meeting quality, time, and budget constraints.
● Apply engineering design standards to aerial and underground pole/line cable including Joint -Use Design, Make Ready, Pole Replacement, Primary Service,
● Reliability/Maintenance Design, Upgrades, Voltage Conversion, and Tie Lines.
● Visually identify, inspect, and record equipment and structures in the right-of-way
● Perform field audits of existing electrical distribution activities
● Analyze and produce cost-effective design solutions
● Perform 2-D Civil type design in (Micro Station and Pole Foreman)
● Resolve anticipated construction problems through drawings
● Select and interpret data, based on design intent
● Coordinate and plan design and drafting projects
● Apply NESC Standards
● BS in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
● Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
● Must be able to endure frequent: driving, standing, walking long distances (up to 5 miles or more in a day), navigate through rough terrain on foot, and lifting/balancing objects that may weigh up to 20 lbs.
● Clean DMV driving record and ability to safely drive/operate a 4x4 vehicle.
● Must be computer literate – especially MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and/or Google Chrome.
● Must be willing to travel overnight as needed.
● Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Micro-station, Pole Foreman, SPIDA Calc.
● Proven ability to deal with governing authorities and their requirements, negotiate with private landowners and provide communication, instruction, and guidance as needed to contractors.
● Strong oral and written communication skills. Comfortable speaking with multiple levels of management
● Ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process.
● Strong electrical distribution technical knowledge and skills.
● Knowledge of electrical distribution construction and planning procedures.
● Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics and plans.
Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement available. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.