Requisition Number: 100327
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Trade School
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Job Title: Communications Fiber Splicer
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group Inc. (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
DRG is looking for a Fiber Splicer who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and operation of telecommunications. This position will be responsible to use various specialized equipment in an outside fast-paced work environment.
● Installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining all fiber optic systems in businesses, homes, schools, and other organizations to ensure that they are working properly.
● Measuring the signal strength of television, telephone, and internet connections to ensure that there is adequate performance.
● Creating sensors and performing inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have defects that could undermine performance.
● Splice fiber optic cables including both loose tube and ribbon optic cables. Construct a proper splice case, including but not limited to grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage, and sealing. Prepare and maintain splicing records, schematics, and diagrams.
● Conducting regular inspections of the systems with the aim of locating and repairing any defects detected during the inspections.
● Determining solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
● Constructing a proper slice case as well as preparing and maintaining records, diagrams, and schematics relating to the splice case.
● OSP splicing
● Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
● You’re able to perform manual tasks requiring frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, lifting, digging, pushing and pulling
● You can lift up to 100 pounds
● You can work outside in all elements
● You can travel outside of the area for work, including frequent overnight travel
● Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens
● Frequent sitting, standing, climbing, and bending. Occasional standing, walking, and kneeling and crawling are required.
● Close peripheral and distant visual abilities are needed including depth perception.
● The work environment is frequently loud and requires the employee to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
● Knowledge of materials and tools used in line construction and maintenance work
● Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
● Able to proficiently splice telecommunication wires
● Dependable and Trustworthy
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Operate construction equipment and machinery
● Work under any type of weather conditions
● Work independently or as part of a team and relate well to co-workers
● 2+ years OSP Fiber Splicing
● Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
● High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
● OSHA certification is a plus, but not required. Must be able to complete online OSHA and safety-related certifications
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within the client’s service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 - 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement and use of company vehicle. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.