Coordinates all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Supervises and plans activities of onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues. The shift for this position is Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous waste, universal waste and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state and local regulations.
- The shift for this position is Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 10 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Associate Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting, Business or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of relevant work experience (in addition to the education requirement).
- Preferred Experience: RCRA and DOT regulatory compliance experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- 24-hour HAZWOPER certification (or equivalent) or the ability to obtain such within 30 days of employment.
- Manifesting and profiling hazardous and non-hazardous waste experience preferred.
- Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, drug hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Customer Focused
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
- Supervisory and team building skills
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: indoor and outdoor at a manufacturing facility.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply Now.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com