Requisition Number: 97506
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL - Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line, powered trimmer 11ft truck, or works from the ground using gasoline, air, and hand-powered saws. pruner, etc. He/She cuts branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with lines.
- In felling trees or trimmed trunks and in cutting and splitting logs into manageable pieces, he/she uses wedges, sledges, and chain saws.
- Spray stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper.
- Repairs slight damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by tree trimming
- Services gasoline, air, and hand-powered tools and other equipment.
- Relays hand-signals. directs traffic, drives, and operates trucks and equipment, as assigned, and keeps trucks and work
area clear and orderly, as well as helps train new employees.
- Performs other related work, as assigned by supervisors.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards In and around work area. Cooperates with customer. police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assumes responsibility for the Inspection and proper working conditions of tools, truck, and other work equipment. Requests repair or replacement, when necessary. Maintains good housekeeping on truck and at W0fk locations.
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works In close proximity to energized power lines
- Works In all temperatures and weather
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, wood chippers, and other equipment with hearing protection
- May be exposed to nature I.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging Insects, and dust
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground
- May work on unlevel terrain
- Works at height, while secured
- Works around falling limbs
- Exposure to traffic hazards
JOB DESCRIPTION: Crew Trimmer / Climber
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as per task assigned.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job lnstructions/lnformation.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of lime.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Must have no fear of heights.
- Must be able to 11ft, move, and maneuver heavy weights up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, but up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have hand-to-eye coordination.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.