Requisition Number: 96166
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Senior Project Manager
For Davey Mitigation
Within Davey Resource Group
Location is Flexible
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful project completion by overseeing all aspects of mitigation project development, from site selection through permitting, design, construction, maintenance, monitoring and long-term management. This person will coordinate with internal and external land, regulatory and design teams, construction and planting subcontractors, NGOs/land trusts and other project implementation partners as needed to advance projects through all stages of development on time and on budget, with an emphasis on quality and project integrity. The position will report to and work closely with the Director of Davey Mitigation.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with GIS, technical and land personnel to design and implement mitigation site searches in targeted watersheds
- Assess prospective sites based on regulatory and technical requirements and constraints, including preparation of credit yield estimates and project development budgets / pro formas
- Support Manager of Land Operations in preparation of land offers, including coordination with landowners regarding easement mapping, type and extent of landowner improvements and other land-related consideration and constraints
- Coordinate with DRG-Environmental Consulting technical teams and/or external consultants during project permitting and design phase, including oversight of design development to ensure a proper balance of constructability, cost and project integrity
- Manage and assist with prospectus and MBI development
- Oversee project construction and maintenance, including development of related budgets, selection and management of construction and planting subcontractors, and assessment and implementation of maintenance activities
- Handle invoicing, budgeting, reporting and other project administrative tasks
- Take on a leadership role internally and externally, representing Davey Mitigation across the Company and in front of landowners, agencies and clients, and helping to train and develop internal staff
- Assist with business development and land operations where feasible and at the direction of Director, Davey Mitigation, and generally contribute to Davey Mitigation program development
Education: Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent in applied sciences, natural resources management or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Experience: 10+ years of experience in restoration project management, ecological construction or water resources engineering.
- Ability to lead project(s) from conception to completion
- In depth experience with stream and wetland mitigation bank or full delivery project development in multiple states / Corps Districts, with emphasis on regulatory, technical and operational components
- Working knowledge of essential project elements including land acquisition, project finance and pro forma development, design approaches, construction, planting, invasives management and other routine and non-routine maintenance
- Experience using construction estimation and project management software
- Ability to oversee planning, scheduling and development activities on multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated success with estimating construction, planting and maintenance costs on stream and wetland projects using varied design approaches across a variety of landscapes
- Familiarity with regional ecological construction firms and proficiency in evaluating bids, selecting and managing subcontractors
- Willingness to work with others as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to travel from office to other locations on a regular basis
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.