Requisition Number: 96433
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Manager, Land Operations
For Davey Mitigation
Within Davey Resource Group
Location is Flexible
This position is responsible for management and coordination of all aspects of landowner outreach and negotiation, from initial site searches through to land closings and maintaining long-term relationships with Davey Mitigation’s landowner partners. The position is expected to work with DRG environmental consulting groups and external consultant partners to ensure timely and successful acquisition of real estate interests necessary for mitigation or restoration project development. Reports to the Director of Davey Mitigation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop and implement mitigation site searches
- Develop network of external partners related to land ownership, management and conservation, including NGOs, brokers, and others facilitative partnerships
- Negotiate the acquisition of easements and/or fee simple purchases
- Obtain maps, legal descriptions of right-of-way property, real estate options, deeds, documents, closing agreements, and other legal instruments. Inspect assessed valuations and develops comparative appraisals
- Maintain regular dialogue with all landowner partners and ensure satisfaction
- Coordinate with internal and external legal counsel as necessary to develop land agreements and steward closing process
- Manage all aspects of due diligence preceding land closings, including title search, phase I environmental assessments, survey, and technical site feasibility.
- Oversee listing and resale of residual land assets
- Train and serve as a resource to co-workers
- Assist with sales and project management as needed and at the direction of Director, Davey Mitigation, and generally contribute to Davey Mitigation program development
Education: Associate degree in Real Estate, Business, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in real estate, land acquisition or related field.
- Considerable knowledge of appraisal methods, land surveying, and legal instruments required to effect real property transactions
- Familiarity with State and County rules and regulations regarding property taxes, appraisals, subdivisions, and acquisition methods
- Proficiency in negotiating property acquisitions and reading and interpreting maps, deeds, surveys, blueprints, and construction plans
- Mastery of basic mathematical calculations, financial modeling and drafting
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to travel from office to other locations on a regular basis
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.