Requisition Number: 96787
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Inventory Arborist Technician - Long Island, NY
Date: January 2021
Requisition Number: 96787
Company Name: Davey Resource Group, Inc.
Project Zip Code: 11735
Pay: $24.29/ hr
Looking for a great opportunity to grow in a dynamic industry? Want to join highly skilled teams with diverse backgrounds? Join our Foresters, Horticulturalists, Plant Scientists, Ecologists, GIS, and Natural Resource Specialists within the Davey Resource Group, Inc.! Become part of our energetic workforce, build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry. Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to help bridge the gap between human progress and the natural world.
What you’ll do:
● Inspect and evaluate trees for the presence of the Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB).
● Collect tree and site data in the field using handheld computers. Data points include tree species identification and DBH measurement and survey area data.
● Survey areas along city streets, on individual residential properties, in woodlots, along rail lines, and in wetlands.
What you’ll need:
● Ability to thoroughly survey and inspect trees for signs of the Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) and associated damage all day long. Experience identifying damage in trees associated with the Asian Longhorned Beetle is a plus.
● Ability to identify local tree species. On the job training is provided.
● Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather for up to 4-hour increments.
● Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps.
● Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Working knowledge of computers and programs, file creation, manipulation, and sharing.
● Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given priority.
● Current Driver’s License and Driving Record in good standing.
● Two or Four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline.
● ISA Certified Arborist certification preferred.
What you’ll get:
● 401(k) and company matching
● Health insurance
● Dental and vision insurance
● Disability insurance
● Life insurance
● Paid time off
● Parental leave
● Referral program
● Retirement plan
Who we are:
Davey Resource Group, Inc. (DRG) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the employee-owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS, and remote sensing consulting services to the commercial, residential, municipal, and governmental markets.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance, and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide “Proven Solutions for a Growing World”. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Full-time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and full-time positions, including the option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry-related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee-Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.