Requisition Number: 94209
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Responsible for performing vertical and horizontal control surveys, boundary surveys, and associated calculations and computations to include (but not limited to) ties to subdivisions, property lines and government land corners. Responsible for project management by directing the work of survey crews, ensuring accurate surveys and calculations, and assisting with performing field work.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage and direct land survey projects, including boundary, ALTA, right of way, topographic, utility, bathymetric, and construction staking surveys.
2. Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
3. Communicate findings with internal and external personnel, along with others concerned with projects.
4. Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments
5. Train and develop assistants and helpers, providing direction on work activities to include performing surveys and drafting maps.
6. Conduct research and share information about surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
7. Perform and oversee survey computations and data reduction for use in compiling documentation needed for reporting and drawings.
8. Prepare construction staking calculations from civil and architectural drawings.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
a. Able to make independent decisions on complexities and method.
b. Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of assignments.
2. Technical Capacity.
a. Will be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
b. Able to make use of advanced technology along with modification and extension of theories and practices.
3. Communication Proficiency.
a. Able to provide guidance to others on objectives, critical issues, and concepts.
b. Ability to communicate regularly with internal staff and customers as needed on project related issues.
4. Collaboration Skills.
a. Initially, will consult with supervisor on unique, unusual problems and developments.
b. As experience expands, will play a key role in collaborating on new or improved techniques and procedures on complex projects and assignments.
5. Scheduling/Time Management Skills
a. Ability to manage multiple survey crews based on client demands.
b. Able to prioritize activities and task in tandem with needs of other departments.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for Crew Chiefs/Field Surveyors, and Survey Technicians.
This job is performed within a professional office environment and also at external customer job sites. Conditions are subject to climate and temperature changes, as well as terrain variations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with flexible work schedules. During peak work periods, a minimum of 40 hours per week may be required.
Travel There may be periodic overnight travel for this position. Local day travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in a surveying accredited program or related experience and training
2. A current Ohio Professional Surveyor license, multiple state licensure a plus
3. 8 – 10 years of surveying-related experience
4. Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
5. Demonstrated customer service experience
6. Current, valid Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.