Requisition Number: 94210
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Responsible for performing field work related to boundaries, construction, and mapping requirements of survey projects.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist with the collection and preparation of data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
2. Participate in and ensure accuracy of boundary, ALTA, right of way, topographic, utility, bathymetric, and construction staking surveys.
3. Adjust and operate surveying equipment, compile notes, and make sketches on a variety of project types.
4. Develop knowledge and utilization of and total stations, scanning, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
5. Upload and download data obtained.
6. Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
7. Maintain and update related data records.
8. Assist with communicating findings to others associated with projects, and production of final documents.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
a. Able to make independent decisions on complexities and method.
b. Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of assignments.
2. Technical Capacity.
a. Will be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
b. Able to make use of advanced technology along with modification and extension of theories and practices.
3. Communication Proficiency.
a. Able to provide guidance to others on objectives, critical issues, and concepts.
b. Ability to communicate regularly with internal staff and customers as needed on project related issues.
4. Collaboration Skills.
a. Initially, will consult with supervisor on unique, unusual problems and developments.
b. As experience expands, will play a key role in collaborating on new or improved techniques and procedures on complex projects and assignments.
5. Scheduling/Time Management Skills
a. Ability to manage multiple survey crews based on client demands.
b. Able to prioritize activities and task in tandem with needs of other departments.
This position may no supervisory responsibilities.
This job is performed within a professional office environment and at times at external customer job sites. Conditions may be subject to climate and temperature changes, as well as terrain variations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with flexible work schedules. During peak work periods, a minimum of 40 hours per week may be required.
Travel There is minimal anticipated overnight travel for this position. Local day travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
1. 0 – 3 years of surveying-related experience
2. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying and Mapping
3. Previous experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
4. Demonstrated customer service experience
5. Current, valid Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.