Requisition Number: 93507
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Senior Civil Engineer
Responsible for the project management and design of residential and commercial land development projects, along with utility and environmental projects.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be client focused and team oriented.
2. Must have a willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
3. Must have good time management skills and be able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
4. Assist in the entitlement process with conceptual and preliminary layouts.
5. Assist in the planning and design of commercial and residential land development, stream restoration and utility projects.
6. Preparation in the design of storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, site intermediate and final grading.
7. Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans per local state and federal regulations.
8. Preparation of design calculations including stormwater management plans per local, state and federal regulations.
9. Preparation of engineering plans for compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
10. Preparation of contract documents including project specifications and quantity/ cost estimates.
11. Preparation of as-built plans for final project approvals.
12. Manage projects through local, county, state and federal permitting and compliance with other regulatory requirements.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
a. Ability to make independent decisions based on sound engineering judgement and past experience.
b. Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of assignments.
2. Technical Capacity.
a. Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
b. Advanced level experience with Hydraflow Civil 3D programs or similar stormwater management programs.
c. Proficient with HEC-RAS
3. Communication Proficiency.
a. Ability to provide guidance to junior-level staff on objectives, critical issues and concepts.
c. Able to complete prioritized activities and tasks in tandem with needs of other departments.
d. Ability to interact with internal staff, reviewing agencies and customers as needed on project related issues.
e. Ability to attend job related meetings and be able to speak intelligently about engineering related issues.
4. Collaboration Skills.
a. Will consult with supervisor on unique, unusual problems and developments
b. As experience expands, will play a role in collaborating on new or improved techniques and procedures on complex projects and assignments.
Supervisory Responsibility Will oversee and be assisted by junior level engineers, interns or technicians.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours can be flexible based on circumstance. There may be a requirement for overtime based on workload.
Travel No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
2. 8-10 years of full-time professional engineering work experience.
3. Advanced level experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
4. PE registration required or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.