Requisition Number: 93328
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Tree Expert Company
POSITION: Utility Forester Work Planner
STARTING DATE: Immediately.
Resumes accepted until a suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATIONS: San Angelo, TX
* Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
* Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
* Identify tree and brush control work and enter data electronically into hand-held computer
* Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work
* Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
* Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Two or Four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline preferred
* Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
* International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist preferred
* Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
* Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates preferred
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.