Requisition Number: 92848
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL - Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Position: ACCELERATED MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT TRAINEE
Who we are:
Davey Tree is a leader in Arboricultural and Utility Services throughout the US and Canada. Davey has a significant presence in numerous Geographic Regions, and is seeking applicants for Acclerated Management Trainee Positions. The Utility Services Trainees would embark on a 12-24 month development program, working in varied and changing assignments, with the expectation of future assignments as Supervisors and Account Managers. Depending on one’s background, education and industry experience, the progression would entail working assignments from entry level tree trimming crew work, progressing thru crew foreman, general foreman, supervisory roles, and hopefully expanding into Account and Regional Management. We are looking for an individual with a long term commitment in mind and who would like to grow their carreer with Davey.
What you’ll do:
• Working assignments to experience and learn:
Field production trim crew work.
Right of Way (ROW) Vegetation Management of both mechanical and herbicide methods.
Customer service and account relations.
Production scheduling, routing and management to goals.
Safety training and management.
Equipment maintenance and utilization.
Personnel Hiring and Management.
Payroll and production reporting.
• Training areas may vary in length of time or intermittent duration, and will no doubt entail periodic travel assignments within the region assigned.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Horticulture/Forestry related field.
• Knowledge of management, manufacturing, & services or sales capacities.
• Good communications and interactions skills.
• Ability to work in a team setting and also independently and learn quickly.
• Working Use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Power Point and basic Internet communications.
• Basic knowledge of statistical concepts.
• Basic knowledge of financial terms and concepts.
• Stable personality, hard work ethic.
What you’ll get:
• Career opportunities that are tailored to your objective.
• A recession-resilient career.
• A company repeatedly recognized as a top performer.
• An innovative and success driven work environment.
• The opportunity to work in this country’s great outdoors.
• Great teammates that will help support your professional growth.
• Managers who empower and genuinely care about each team members’ success.
• The resources you need to excel and grow through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
• An excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
• Competitive wages & excellent benefits. Pay rates based on qualifications & experience.
• Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the #1 100% employee owned service company in the country.
Visit the Davey Careers Website: JOBS.DAVEY.COM for other job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com