Terracon's Columbia, Missouri office is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced environmental scientist, geologist, or engineer to fill a vacancy due to retirement of existing staff. The successful candidate will have experience conducting field and office duties related to Phase I/II ESAs, Missouri LUST projects (PSTIF interaction a plus), B/VCP projects, and asbestos sampling and air monitoring.
Conduct environmental site investigations, assessments and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material, and soil. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, stormwater management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent scientific professional responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating detailed phases of work for part of a major project or total of a project of moderate scope and complexity.
- May devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- May serve as a team leader in medium projects and mentor junior level scientists/engineers.
- Performs scientific analyses on projects of own discipline.
- May attend on and off-site client meetings.
- requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for both small and large projects including quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum of 7 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 11 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com