Requisition Number: 91306
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Consulting Utility Forester
TYPE: Full-Time , Monday - Friday 8 hour days, some travel required
POSITION LOCATIONS: Shreveport, LA
TYPE: Full-Time Varied positions available based on education and experience please see required qualifications below.
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
* Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
* Inspect utility rights of ways and identify vegetation incompatible with state and federal regulations
* Collect and enter data on handheld devices, follow maps and use GPS navigation
* Communicate with landowners regarding work on or near their property
* Assess all terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Embraces an outdoor and independent work environment
* Thrives on adaptation, continual learning and training and is detail oriented
* Possess knowledge of local tree species and species specific growth rates
* Has ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Is a great communicator and team player
* Has the ability to become an International Society of Arboriculture certified arborist within 18 months
* Bachelor’s of Science degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or a related discipline OR
* Two year degree and two years utility vegetation management experience OR
* Six years experience in utility vegetation management or forestry or other related experience in the utility industry
* Clean DMV driving record
* Ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.