Assisting in the preparation and formulation of timber management plan\harvest schedule.
- Working knowledge of GPS equipment and GIS software for the management of forest inventory, property lines, road systems, and the generation of exhibits.
- Preparation and supervision of timber harvests to include: the plan of a sale, volume estimations, timber marking, SMZ and sale boundary delineation, bid process, contract development, oversite of contractors, environmental/safety inspections, and settlement processing.
- Oversite of the entire reforestation process.
- Assisting in preparing budget and revenue forecasts.
- Aiding in real estate transactions such as land sales/acquisitions, mitigation projects, conservations easements, encroachments, etc.
- Aiding other operational departments in tasks such FERC relicensing, landfill and substations clearing, vegetation management, ROW compensation determination, wildlife control, etc.
- Assisting in prescribed burns and all other silvicultural treatments.
- Monitoring and managing all timberland assets to ensure health, protection of property, realization of timber theft, etc.
- Ongoing property line maintenance.
- Management of complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Willingness to work long hours, travel occasionally, and work off shift occasionally.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Must be a safety-oriented person able to work well with others, or alone with little to no supervision.
- Experience in volume estimations (cruising) and valuations.
- Must have experience in the oversight of harvesting contractors.
- Knowledge of all silvicultural processes common in the forest industry.
- Must be able to endure extensive work in all environmental conditions such as high heat, humidity, cold, inclement weather, insects, difficult terrain, etc.
- Knowledge/Experience in GIS software (Arcmap) with editing capability.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications (Excel/Word/Powerpoint/Outlook).
- Knowledge/Experience in environmental compliance.
- The ability to lift heavy objects such as concrete bags, gates, etc.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Level will be based off education and experience.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, PTO, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here http://www.scana.com/benefits
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com