Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous, and more productive planet.
The Coordinator position is responsible for supporting the Corporate Climate Solutions Team (CCS) within CI’s Center for Natural Climate Solutions. The CCS team leads CI’s strategies and implementation of private sector engagement in natural climate solutions. The position reports to the Director of Corporate Climate Solutions.
The Coordinator will support the CCS team with account management and administrative tasks. These include research, writing and analysis that contributes to private sector collaborations with companies, sector associations, governments and communities. The position will also coordinate and support operational management of the CCS team and provide support to account managers as needed. The coordinator will also be responsible for organizational activities such as set up of project-based meetings, coordination of events, taking and distributing notes from internal and external meetings and management of program’s knowledge depository.
Account and CCS Program support
Provide support to CCS team as refers to agreements routing, proposal development and contact database maintenance. Some duties may include project management and support for new account development including research.
- Support communication and engagement with corporate partners and industry stakeholders, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and workshops, supporting development of presentations, agendas, taking notes.
- Support research and analysis required to deliver high-quality products related to key collaborations and programs
- Support CCS team in proposal writing, agreement routing process, drafting of request for proposals, terms of references and/or workplans.
- Backstop for Manager of CCS in research activities related to Responsible Practices Framework (RPF) and Industry Benchmarking process.
- Manage team knowledge systems to provide for accessibility and accuracy of collaboration related files and their organization in online depository.
CCS Program Administration
Provide support to CCS team as refers to administrative tasks by coordinating meetings, logistics, financial tasks, and strategy planning.
- Support financial tasks of the team e.g. expense reporting of team members as needed, submitting invoices, working with events’ vendors, etc.
- Assist with strategy planning and team’s deliverables through collaboration with Senior Director of Corporate Climate Solutions.
- Support the team with corporate gift acknowledgment process.
- Assist with socialization on CCS work and pipeline tracking throughout the institution.
- This position is based in Arlington, VA.
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time difference with Arlington office and field programs may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required to support account leads.
- 2-4 years of experience working in sustainability, international development, or business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with solid attention to detail and strong research and proofreading abilities
- Highly developed ability to synthesize and communicate information to a variety of audiences
- MS Office suite fluency with strong knowledge of Share Point and Excel
- Proven ability to work effectively with others with an emphasis on team collaboration
- Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems under supervisor direction
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (environmental studies, business and sustainability, international relations, or development, etc.) or any combination of relevant education and experience
- Familiarity working in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment
- Experience working directly with private sector on sustainability issues
- Experience assisting in the development of proposals and agreements and administration of contracts and grants
- Experience assisting in the development of and management of program budgets
- Working knowledge of French, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, or Portuguese
- Communications and design software (i.e. InDesign, MS Publisher, etc.) and MS Office Applications
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com