ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Compliance Consultant, who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our consulting firm in our Boston (MA) and Hartford (CT) regions.
In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on EHS compliance, sustainability, remediation, and due diligence transaction projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients. As a member of the team, you will have access to ERM's national EHS technical experts, who share best practices across many industries and provide ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, sustainability, site investigation and remediation, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, stormwater, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Perform Phase I environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Conduct environmental fieldwork, including groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling and ecological field studies.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, or related discipline. Masters a plus; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- EIT certification a plus.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com