Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
We expect to fill many vacancies.
This is a temporary appointment. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year.
NOTE: These are not Law Enforcement positions.
Learn more about this agency
- Park Rangers (Visitor Use) support the Bureau's recreation program.
- Duties focus on assisting in the performance of day-to-day operations at a visitor center or customer use area that provide facilities such as campgrounds, picnic areas, trails, and/or other specialized recreational opportunities.
- They work with the public to provide and explain information, conduct permit compliance, and safety inspections, and ensure facilities and customer use areas are free of visible safety hazards.
- They respond to emergency situations. They participate in evaluating visitor use patterns, preparing and maintaining recreation sites, and monitoring condition of sites and natural and cultural resources.
- They may aid higher level employees in ensuring protection of property from natural depredation.
- They may collect fees, assist with general facility maintenance, staff information desks, or give talks and lead nature hikes. If leading hikes, duties include guiding a variety of age groups on interactive, interpretive hikes.
- If giving talks, duties include interacting with a variety of age groups interpreting Center resources and presenting interpretive programs.
- Programs include orientation talks, interpretive programs, environmental education, conducted walks, demonstrations, and campfire programs. They may develop and maintain interpretive materials and educational displays.
- Newport, OR positions are at Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area (YHONA). These Park Rangers work holidays, weekends, and varied shifts with morning shifts beginning before dawn and evening shifts ending after sunset.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com