Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
We expect to fill many vacancies.
This is a temporary appointment. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year.
NOTE: These are not Law Enforcement positions.
Learn more about this agency
- Park Rangers (Off-Highway-Vehicle) support the Bureau's recreation program. They work with the public to provide information, conduct permit compliance, and safety inspections and must possess excellent public relations skills.
- They respond to emergency situations. They participate in evaluating visitor use patterns, preparing and maintaining recreation sites, and monitoring condition of sites and natural and cultural resources.
- OHV Rangers greet riders, provide visitor information and education concerning responsible OHV use on public lands, monitor for compliance with BLM travel plan rules and regulations.
- They may also monitor for resource damage to roads/trails, install signs, maintain trails, monitor visitor safety, offer aid in emergencies as well as assist Recreation staff with Wilderness Study Area and dispersed recreation site management.
- Work may take place in extremely remote environments and may require primitive camping and living skills for upwards of two weeks in duration.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com