Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
We expect to fill many vacancies.
This is a temporary appointment. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year.
Learn more about this agency
- Biological Science Technicians (Soils) perform duties that include field inventories, collecting ecological site information, and population distributions, conditions, trends, associated species, land form of occurrence, geology, and soil type.
- They make census counts of various species and/or record observations, based on guidelines provided, on species condition or stream surveys.
- The often work from an outline, checking extensive data in the field of fish habitat conditions (streams or lakes).
- They enter and retrieve data from automated databases, record results and compile data into reports.
- They may assist in construction or placement of habitat improvement structures, fences, gabions, trash catchers, etc.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com