The NEPA Professional will provide support to the Western Service Area (WSA), Operations Support Group to ensure compliance with a wide array of federal, state, and local laws and federal regulations through evaluations, analysis, and thorough review of documentation. This will include interpretation and advice regarding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on federal actions affecting the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support between Airports, Air Traffic facilities, and the FAA for environmental issues resulting from proposed actions triggering NEPA application.
- Evaluate the potential environmental impacts associated with proposed actions involving air traffic routing or flight path changes. Heavy emphasis on noise impacts resulting from these changes.
- Provide SME support for appropriate level of environmental documentation in the form of Categorical Exclusion (CatEx), Environmental Assessment (EA), or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on FAA initiated actions.
- Coordinate and draft written responses to environmental analysis resulting from requests for changes to traffic routing or flight path changes.
- Coordinate final NEPA documents including CatEx, EA, or EIS, and associated Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) or Record of Decision (ROD) for projects requiring NEPA application.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience; or 6-10 years of prior relevant experience with a related Masters degree.
- Excellent written & oral communications skills.
- Experience writing or reviewing NEPA documents, including but not limited to: Categorical Exclusions (CATEX), Environmental Assessments (EA) and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Experience reviewing all NEPA impact categories.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint.
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience supporting the FAA or other aviation-related agency or program.
- Experience with database management, KSN websites, and MS Excel.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com