Requisition Number: 86666
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL - Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: More than 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Includes: Customer Contact and Pre-Inspector
Summary: Plan work and tasks for crews as directed by client and interact with all necessary parties by performing the following duties.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Includes some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive, operate and maintain assigned equipment in an efficient, safe and economical manner
- Complete reports and other required paperwork in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan and organize and execute projects within the most efficient possible manner to assure accurate and timely completion
- Communicate with foreman and supervisors regarding specific work tasks to be performed
- Inspect potential job sites and terrain for purposes of assessing work tasks, estimated completion times, equipment requirements and other necessary job completion requirements
- Communicate job site particulars with foreman and notify potential owners of pending work to be completed
- Communicate effectively with client
- Communicate with property owners and public to secure permission to perform tasks, notify of work to be performed and answer questions
- Follow safe work procedures, including the use of safety equipment and clothing
- Communicate by reading relevant manuals and materials, speaking clearly, distinctively and listening to instructions.
- Understand and perform first aid, CPR and aerial rescue procedures
- Read and understand operational data and ability to write clearly
- Conduct safety meetings
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work rules
- React appropriately in an emergency situation
- Perform all duties as required
- Report timely and accurately to supervisor
- Customer Service
- Respond appropriately to requests for service and assistance
- Meet job duty requirements
- Oral Communication
- Speak clearly and accurately in positive and negative situations
- Listen and obtain clarification, interpret oral information
- Respond appropriately questions
- Participate constructively in meetings
- Team Work
- Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Gives and listens feedback
- Contribute to building a productive team environment
- Written Communication
- Write clearly and accurately
- Accurately read and interpret written information
- Follow applicable laws and regulations
- Uphold organizational ethics and policies
- Observe and follow safety and security procedures
- Determine and apply appropriate action using guidelines and training
- Report and correct unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions
- Use and maintain equipment and materials properly
Education and Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Driver’s license may be required. Commercial driver’s license preferred and may be required, depending on job requirements
- Prior experience in reading maps
- One year experience as a utility line clearing trimmer or foreman or equivalent experience or education
Language Ability: Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Write correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual in Spanish is beneficial.
Math Ability: Perform basic arithmetic computations.
Reasoning Ability: Apply reasonable understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Identify and resolve problems involving multiple variables in varied situations
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills may be required
Certificates and Licenses: Obtain and maintain licenses and certifications
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct crews regarding work or tasks to be performed
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this Job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Outdoor weather conditions and environments
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat
- Wet or humid conditions
- Work in high, precarious places
- Fumes and airborne particles
- Risk of electrical shock
- Uneven terrain and hiking
- Exposure to a variety of vegetation, animals, insects and other potential impediments to completing tasks and duties
Demands: The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Exert up to 100lbs of force occasionally, up to 50lbs of force frequently and up to 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
- Climb (i.e. trees, ladders) using feet, legs, arms and hands
- Stand, walk, push and pull at and around the work site at different angles of inclines and declines over varieties of terrain
- Reach (i.e. extending arms, hands and fingers) and handle (holding, grasping and moving tools, hoses, switches) and twist
- See and judge the distance of objects
- Perform in the presence of distractions or work frustrations
- Communicate with hostile, disgruntled or uncooperative property owners or other individuals
- Communication is required for moderate (80’) distances while equipment is operating
- Regular and timely attendance
Accommodations: If requested by employee or otherwise as required by law, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.