The incumbent provides professional services in range management, and soil and water conservation activities while assisting in the planning of conservation practices on ranches and farms.
Learn more about this agency
- Assists ranchers and farmers in making resource inventories, obtaining planning information, identifying conservation opportunities, and developing conservation plans.
- Studies trends in range conditions, makes productivity determinations, evaluates amount and patterns of grazing use, and assists landowner in keeping grazing management plans in balance with forage resources.
- Participates in administrative activities of the office, including preparation of news releases on range conservation topics of local interest.
- Develop resource management plans with ranch operators and other land and resource decision-makers.
- Monitors and document changes in plant communities, rangeland, vegetative cover, and production and soil surface condition resulting from applied grazing management systems.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!