Requisition Number: 84407
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Resource Group Inc
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the employee owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resource, utility, GIS and remote sensing consulting services. Our job is to help our clients provide a safe and reliable power source through proper vegetation management practices.
Do you want a career working outdoors? The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring certified arborists, professional foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, environmental scientists, landscape, nursery, tree care and parks and recreation professionals, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION: Inventory Arborist | Essential Service (This position provides an essential service identifying trees which are hazardous to critical infrastructure.)
POSITION LOCATION: Los Angeles County
POSITION DESCRIPTION: An Inventory Arborist provides our municipal urban forestry clients with daily support to help them efficiently and effectively manage trees and urban forests. The technician performs inventories to identify location, species, common defects, and other attributes of street trees. The Inventory Arborist must understand local tree characteristics and growth habits. They recognize indicators of common diseases, pest infestations, condition, and failure potential. The collected data is used to prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
* Two to four year degree in forestry, urban forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental science, plant biology or a related discipline
* Relevant work experience may substitute for education
* Knowledge of tree care and practices (proper pruning techniques and methodology)
* Identifying and mitigating risk associated with hazard trees
* Ability and experience identifying Southern California tree species
* International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist preferred, or on a pathway to become a certified arborist (https://www.isa-arbor.com look into it)
* Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather, walking long distances
* Ability to work independently
* Clean DMV driving record required
* Local resident preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Company Vehicle/Fuel Card
* Company Phone
* Paid time off and paid holidays
* Opportunities for advancement
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
* Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
* Group Health Plan
* Employee referral bonus program
* Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
* Employee Scholarship for AS degree in Environmental Management
* Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
* Charitable matching gift program
* Company paid professional certifications and continuing education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DRG offers competitive wages based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit jobs.davey.com for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.