Requisition Number: 84066
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1COR - Kent-Corporate
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
California Regional Climbing Arborist Trainer
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee Owned companies in the nation! Davey is seeking an experienced tree climber with a passion for sharing their knowledge with others. This position will support Davey's Colorado Residential & Commercial Tree Care team. Based in Denver, Colorado, the successful candidate will travel to other Colorado cities and nationally to support Davey's objectives for training our Climbing Arborists.
What You’ll Do:
- Teach team members the art and science of climbing and pruning trees as a career! Davey offers both DdRT/MRS and SRT/SRS climbing systems.
- Collaborate with industry leaders including ANSI Z committee members and some of the first CTSP’s in the industry.
- Work alongside the local offices:
- Leading education/training sessions
- Identifying training needs
- Performing Arborist skills verifications
- Travel throughout your territory influencing employees through on the job training.
- Attend Industry events as a Davey Representative.
- Team up with Regional Safety and Motor Carrier Specialists, Recruiters, and Davey Institute Technical Advisors
- How high you grow depends on you!
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- 3 years leadership responsibility
- Working knowledge and proven ability in tree care and arborist equipment
- Computer skills
- Ability to complete the Davey Skills Trainer requirements upon hire
- Ability to routinely travel locally and away from home
- Required: Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Required: Obtain your CTSP within 18 months of hire.
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ® and/or ISA Certified Tree Worker ®
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- All climbing gear and PPE are provided.
- Vehicle allowance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase Davey stock at a discount after 1 complete year of service for eligible employees
- 401k with employer match available after 1 complete year of service for eligible employees
- Employer sponsored health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability coverage options available for eligible employees
- Access to our exceptional career development program, industry related training, and proprietary Davey training courses
- Reimbursement for industry related certifications
- Opportunities for career advancement and management mentoring programs are available.
- Vacation awarded in first year and increases based on years of service
- Up to five paid sick days available for eligible employees
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.