Requisition Number: 83346
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UVM - DRG Utility Vegetation Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: None
The Davey Tree Expert Company
POSITION: Consulting Transmission Utility Forester
**Position is temporary with potential to become permanent.
STARTING DATE: Mid September
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Mendocino County, CA
* Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
* Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
* Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into hand-held computer
* Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work
* Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
* Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, or a related discipline
* Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
* Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates
* Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.