Requisition Number: 81886
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Position: GIS Field Technician
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
● Work with leading electrical and telecommunication companies and their utility systems to provide analysis of infrastructure.
● Inspect and catalogue utility assets to create accurate and consistent utility asset data sets for our clients.
● Providing utility companies real-time, updated and quality data, to help improve service and reliability.
● Perform light GIS editing and manipulating of utility company’s data.
● Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning.
● Execute and plan daily goals while meeting quality, time and budget constraints.
● Learn to identify electrical/communication utility equipment and potential hazards.
● Review and/or correct data integrity errors within GIS databases.
● Understand and comply with all safety regulations to maintain a successful safety record.
● Ability to travel throughout various service territories both within and out of state, as needed.
● Ability to stand, walk, or hike for extended periods of time and long distances, bend, reach and move to carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
● Knowledge of Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
● Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and in various hours of the day or night.
● High school diploma and valid driver’s license required.
● Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and high attention to detail.
● Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
● Clean DMV driving record and ability to safely drive/operate a 4x4 vehicle.
● Completion of a two year of college or technical school degree in geography, GIS, a related discipline, or the completion of an approved apprenticeship program preferred.
● Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred.
● Proficient use of computers using ESRI, ArcGIS Desktop or other GIS software experience preferred.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable traveling and working within our customer service territory in and around Dublin GA. The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is focused and relentless in our pursuit to assist our utility clients deliver safe, accurate, and reliable utility services to their customers. We are results-driven by our people and the technology at our fingertips. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply. Compensation is based upon experience, qualifications and education. DRG offers, incentive programs, excellent benefits. Full-time positions include options to buy company stock and participate in a 401k after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment drug screen, background screening and Social Security Number verification required. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.