At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Sustainability team capitalizes on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our social and environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable.
To support our growing work on Food Sustainability, we are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our Sustainability team. The Program Manager will sit at the intersection of Amazon’s grocery business and Sustainability. This person will support our work to implement goals around sustainable food products. The Sustainability Program Manager will be expected to handle both day-to-day matters (constantly thinking about how to invent and simplify to improve), but will also be expected to strategize on longer term, program-wide initiatives.
This role will be based at Amazon’s corporate offices in Seattle.
• Act as the Sustainability team lead for implementing goals related to sustainable food sourcing, working closely with US Grocery teams
• Develop policies and standards and work with business stakeholders to implement
• Create operational metrics, track and manage delivery timelines, and communicate program status to internal stakeholders
• Be a point of contact between Amazon and external groups and partners
• Identify/research innovation opportunities and write proposals/white papers
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 5+ years’ experience engaging and influencing stakeholders including senior executives
· 5+ experience of the food/grocery industry and/or sustainability experience in a relevant industry
· Experienced at implementing sustainability programs within food, with technical knowledge on one or more specialist topics (e.g., animal welfare, seafood, deforestation)
· Experience using knowledge about external groups and partners in the food sustainability space
· Ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business teams
· Equally proficient in Word writing documents, as in Excel performing in-depth analysis
· Enthusiastic and passionate about food sustainability
· Customer obsessed problem solver who keeps the customer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
· Comfortable presenting executive level reports and analysis
· Interested in sustainability beyond traditional CSR programs
· Self-starter who over-indexes on ownership and accountability
· Energized by opportunities to work on a global team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!