Requisition Number: 80866
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Davey Resource Group, Inc., “DRG”, is seeking professionals with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management in the field of natural resources consulting. DRG provides a full array of consulting services in the areas of natural resource permitting and ecological restoration to clients in the private and public sectors throughout the Midwest.
Position Description and Responsibilities: Selected candidate will work collaboratively with our project developers, biologists, and other project managers. The position will require a working knowledge of and ability to coordinate stream/wetland restoration design, NEPA documentation, endangered species surveys, and management of a variety of projects that may include permitting, monitoring, and ecological restoration. The key focus of this position is to provide leadership and expertise on ecological and restoration projects for DRG’s expanding Michigan team.This includes reviewing proposals, project and crew management, developing approaches to ecosystem management and restoration, networking, and identifying new client relationships and project opportunities. Job responsibilities include:
- Optimize existing client relationships and diversify project experience in Michigan.
- Provide senior level technical expertise to clients and team in one or more of ecosystem restoration, wetland/stream permitting and design, or ecological surveys and assessments.
- Pursue work in public and private markets, manage client relationships, provide leadership in preparing bids and proposals, and perform administrative duties, as needed.
- Routine management of multiple projects at one time, preparing/reviewing/implementing work and construction plans, invoicing and labor tracking, performing final QA/QC of work performed, and supervision of subcontractors.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Position involves marketing tasks, such as attending conferences/workshops and public speaking.
- Pursue speaking opportunities at conferences/workshops.
- Contribute to DRG’s safety-minded culture.
- Excellent native and invasive plant ID skills required.
Required qualifications: Potential candidates must be a college graduate with a minimum of a four-year degree in biology, botany, ecology, conservation, environmental science, or related fields. A minimum of 5 years’ experience, working in natural resource restoration is required. Valuable professional credentials include PWS, ESA Certified Ecologist, and/or CPESC. Candidate(s) must have experience working in a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed, and assessing their condition, health and functionality according to client specifications. Candidate(s) should be able to identify both native and non-native botanical species, understand their typical characteristics and recognize common diseases and pests.
The ideal candidate(s) will have ecological consulting experience in the state of Michigan and be proficient with state laws and regulations, particularly surrounding wetland regulations. Candidate(s) should be Michigan Certified Pesticide Applicator(s) or have the ability to gain certification upon hire.
Candidate(s) must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Google. Applicants must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record. Long hours and some travel may be required. We are seeking team players with excellent written and oral communication skills and a professional work ethic with attention to detail and safety.
Additional information: Full time position, starting date to be determined. Excellent Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment Drug Screen and E-Verify Social Security verification required. Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Employee Owned.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.