The primary role of the Refuse/ Recycling Project Manager is to manage, direct, and coordinate the daily staffing and operations of the Recycling and Refuse Services. This position also performs managerial work in the development of managing, operating, administrative and environmental compliance including the efficient collection, disposal, and recycling of the municipal solid waste in accordance with established laws and ordinances.
- Manage, supervise, plan, organize, train and direct staff related to the daily operations.
- Supervise truck drivers the safe transport and disposal of solid waste and recyclable materials.
- Manage the daily requests, implement budgeted programs and monitor expenditures.
- Represent the company to the client in matters of solid waste field operations regarding customer service, safety, and operational issues. Investigate and take appropriate action in response to client complaints or inquiries. Ensure improvements are initiated to eliminate continuing problems.
- Assure proper upkeep, repair, and maintenance of all company equipment while performing work on customer premises.
- Enforce proper safety standards and precautions.
- Resolve procedural, operation, labor and other work-related problems with staff and corporate office.
- Review and negotiate landfill rates, dates, and research new markets for increased revenue.
- Consolidate vendors wherever possible to provide opportunities for greater return to the client.
- Operate and maintain a variety of heavy and highly complex equipment including refuse trucks, front-end loaders, dump trucks, roll-off bins, etc.
- Examine loads of waste for recyclable material and direct sorting, handling, and recycling operations.
- Ensure waste disposal activities are in compliance with health, federal, state and local ordinances and regulations pertaining to the collection and disposal of all solid waste, including overseeing the preparation and maintenance of compliance reports and records.
- Prepare records and monthly client reports on disposal activities, such as quantities of waste handled, receipts from operations, actions are taken, etc.
- Supervise, direct and evaluate assigned staff, address employee concerns and problems, counsel, discipline and complete performance appraisals, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions.
- Oversee and provide site-specific information intended for the client.
- Research improvement opportunities to efficiencies in the recycling program.
- Coordinate temporary service adjustments with vendors due to machine failure, the volume of materials increase or decreases or relocation of staff.
- Review and develop the collection, distribution routes, and pick up schedules.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 3 years experience on similar contract, managing up to 5 FT employees
- 3 years minimum on a position focused on dealing specifically with customer service or customer-related activities
- College degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience are sufficient to successfully perform this job.
- Possession of the valid Class B driver’s license
- 3 years of increasingly responsible experience operating large trucks or similar vehicles to include 2 years of operating equipment such as refuse trucks, front-end loaders, etc.
- Proficient in English language; reading, writing, and speaking
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and therefore have the know-how to manage time effectively
- Must be results-oriented, take the initiative, and be self-motivated
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties
- Pass medical examination and regulated tests
- Considerable knowledge of solid waste management rules, regulations, methods and procedures
- Ability to obtain security background clearance
- Adhere's to all DOT Compliance standards
Local candidates only
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!