Are you looking for a career that combines your outstanding support skills with your passion for preserving the natural world and our great redwood forests? We are looking for an energetic and collaborative individual with excellent organizational abilities as our Conservation Programs Assistant. Is this you?
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org.
As the Conservation Programs Assistant, you are a critical member who provides essential administrative support to the Chief Program Officer and Conservation Programs Team (Land, Science and Education). You will also serve as a liaison between the Conservation Programs Department, other League departments, and our outside constituents.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation, sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Chief Program Officer (CPO) Support:
- Manages the CPO’s calendar; secures appointments with staff, public officials, potential donors, landowners, landowners' attorneys, title companies, community members, and other members of the public
- Provides support to the CPO in the fulfillment of departmental duties, including expense reports and budget preparation
- Makes travel arrangements for the CPO and members of the Land Team
- Prepares meeting agendas, materials, reports; creates presentations; takes/prepares minutes
- Drafts correspondence and other communications, including those containing confidential information
Conservation Programs Department Support:
- Schedules meetings with internal and external parties; makes travel arrangements; manages deadlines; coordinates and tracks budgets, presentations and board materials; manages conference registrations; processes incoming mail and invoices
- Aids in the drafting, editing and executing of contracts
- Works with Finance to ensure invoices are paid
- Researches policies, procedures and historical data relevant to programmatic topic
- Creates documents for management plans, reports, emails, PowerPoints, proposals
- Coordinates event logistics; organizes food/event catering; arranges transportation, produces agendas and manages invites
- Accompanies staff on site visits, meetings, field trips; leads or serves as “day of” logistics coordinator and troubleshooter; provides hands on support, takes notes, photograph, manages agenda
- Supports the Parks & Public Engagement, Land Protection, and Government Affairs & Public Funding Committees; schedules meetings, assembles meeting materials, records minutes
- Assists staff leads in the support of relevant work groups and task forces
- Performs special projects by the CPO and Conservation Programs Team
- Coordinates with Conservation Programs Team to engage volunteers and community members in League stewardship, science and education opportunities
Conservation Liaison for Staff and Consultants:
- Fields and triages internal general inquiries as a representative of the Conservation Programs Team to other departments and external parties
- Works with the Development and Outreach departments; provides information and project updates
- Collects and prepares information on current project status for internal planning and reporting meetings
- Works with the Finance department; provides data on land transactions for use in budget planning, reporting, and the annual audit
- Serves as front desk reception back-up when Office Manager is absent
- Provides event support for other departments
- Passion for preserving the natural world /a strong commitment to our mission
- Minimum of one years’ experience providing administrative support, preferably within a real estate, conservation, legal or related environment
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and databases
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, ACDSee Photo Library, and Raiser’s Edge, a plus
- Organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities in a timely manner and with impeccable attention to detail
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with people across cultures, ethnic groups, and identities; verbal and written fluency in a language other than English is desirable
- Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision; able to develop solutions to complex matters
- Strong research, writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service experience
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally required to hike through forest land while working off-site, including walking on uneven ground, climbing over obstacles, and accessing remote locations
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Periodic travel in California; sometimes overnight
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations, attached as Word documents to: Jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org. Please put "Conservation Programs Assistant" in the subject line of your e-mail.
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. Thank You!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi-or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.